Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I’ve been upgrading a few of our conference rooms at my company from analog projectors to digital TVs and two of the rooms that have rev. B Polycom HDX 8000s don’t seem to want to accept 1080p for content sharing. I have three identical rooms that have desktop PCs running at 1080p resolutions and only one of them will actually accept content at 1080p. Even more strange, I can’t get these two VCUs to display content at all, even at standard 1024x786 resolution when using an HDMI to DVI cable or adapter. When I hit the send content button, I get the standard, “Please check you content cable and make sure that it is sending video in a supported resolution such as 1024x768 60Hz” indicating that the Polycome doesn't see anything on the input.

The setup in our working room goes PC > [HDMI cable] > HDMI Matrix switcher > [HDMI to DVI adapter] > Polycom content port. I mirrored the same setup in our two non-working rooms and to rule out the HDMI matrix as the issue, I also tried directly going PC > [HDMI to DVI adapter] > Polycom content port and cannot get any content to show (even 1024x768).

Has anyone else experienced this or have a recommended HDMI to DVI cable?

Thanks,

Sean

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

When asking questions please provide information like the software version being used.

It is always best to upgrade to the latest version of software available on the Polycom support web site.  Each software version has updates that maybe helpful in any situation.

For content input please refer to the User's Guide for the supported resolutions.

HP Recommended

Here's the info for the unit's that aren't accepting any content over HDMI to DVI adatpers:

Software Version:    Release - 3.1.1.3-36019

Model: HDX 8000 HD

Hardware Version:    B

Software Version:    Release - 3.1.2-35267

And here’s the info for the unit that is correctly sending 1080p content:

Software Version:    Release - 3.1.1.3-36019

As you can see, the software version and hardware revision that is accepting 1080p and 1024x768 is the same as one of the units that is not.

I don't need to refer to the User's guide because I know that 1024x768 is a supported resolution and that doesn't work at all on two units when using HDMI to DVI adapters.

Thanks,

Sean

HP Recommended

Hello ,Sean

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please raise this via your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support so we can verify your findings.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there,

we are having a similar issue in that we can't get a vision switcher (that spits out HDMI) to be recognised by our HDX 8000 system via an HDMI-DVI converter.

I thought upgrading to the latest software may help, but there is no 'get' option next to the 3.1 upgrade path (we are at 3.0.5)

the DVI- HDMI outs are working just fine as well as all audio passing to and from the unit, it is just getting the image from our vision switcher and into the HDX that will not work.

was this issue resolved for the prvious forum poster?

cheers

HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

Hi community.

I used DVI to HDMI cable to connect HDX 8000 but no video was displayed though I selected HDMI from the source. When I used DVI to Component to connected, both the video and audio worked perfectly. I went to the web interface with intention to change the monitor interface to HDMI but unfortunately there was only three output options available, i.e. DVI, Component, and VGA. I did not see HDMI. Please I need urgent assistance to enable me use my DVI to HDMI cable to connect the polycom HDX 8000. 

Thank you all.

JOHNSON AZUMAH

Accra-Ghana

johnson@hnsgh.com

HP Recommended

Azumah,

Select DVI output option. Please refer to HDX Admin's Guide -> Connecting Monitors for more details.

HP Recommended

The polycom computer input support DVI-I (Analog) , the Crestron output is DVI-D, solutions, an HDMI TO DVI I adapter/or cable.

or place an Extron DVI DA between the Crestron and HDX8000,.   or any interface that will support a DVI-I output to DVI -I input.

the conversion is DVI-D (Crestron) to DVI-I (HDX8000). This will work. let me know how it goes..   

Thanks

HP Recommended

The polycom computer input support DVI-I (Analog) , the Crestron output is DVI-D, solutions, an HDMI TO DVI I adapter/or cable.

or place an Extron DVI DA between the Crestron and HDX8000,.   or any interface that will support a DVI-I output to DVI -I input.

the conversion is DVI-D (Crestron) to DVI-I (HDX8000). This will work. let me know how it goes..   

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.