Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Using HDX 7000 for voice-only teleconferences

GrisCorp
Occasional Contributor

Using HDX 7000 for voice-only teleconferences

We have an HDX 7000 with an HDX Table Microphone and an Eagle Eye camera.  I have been asked if we can utilize our HDX to host voice-only teleconferences.  Is this possible?  If so, how can I go about getting it set up?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

Re: Using HDX 7000 for voice-only teleconferences

When you say, "Voice Only"...  What network are you speaking of ?   IP ?  ISDN ? Pots ?

It's possible to do all of those if you have the right equipment and network connectivity.   We need to know abit more about your setup to help.

Cheers,

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 2 of 6
GrisCorp
Occasional Contributor

It would be POTS.  We have a telephone extension in the conference room and we have the HDX 7000 system with the microphone and camera mentioned above.  The VP wants to be able to have people without RealPresence or other video-conferencing options to be able to dial in to that conference room for meetings; possibly sometimes with some users on video.

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello GrisCorp,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The HDX Admin Guide shows:

• Connecting to an Analog Phone Line

You can connect an analog phone line to a Polycom HDX 9000 series, Polycom HDX 8000 series, Polycom HDX 4000, or Polycom HDX 4000 HD system to make regular telephone calls with the system or to add audio-only participants to video calls. The first analog phone or Voice Over ISDN connection does not count toward the number of sites in a call. Additional analog phone or Voice Over ISDN connections, as well as all H.323 audio-only and SIP audio-only connections, do count toward the number of sites in a call.

The HDX 7000 does not have a POTS connectivity to my knowledge.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
rsmith@isoftusa.net
Occasional Visitor

Hope this was able to resolve your issue. We have installed many "analog" lines and "digital" lines into our systems with decent success. 

Message 5 of 6
PTH
Occasional Visitor

Can this be done with a IP network?

Message 6 of 6