Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Using IP 7000 as a speaker with Real Presence

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Using IP 7000 as a speaker with Real Presence

Using Real Presence 310 with Acoustic Camera and  Connecting IP 7000 to directly to the codec.  The phone works fine as a mic, but cannot seem to set it up for use as a speaker.  The sound constantly comes from TV and not the device. However it works in a handful of conference rooms we have setup.  

Not sure what settings we have in place in the rooms it is working in.  Or what settings are missing from the ones that dont work.  According to documentation it sounds like this isn't suppose to work, just wondering if anyone has come across this or has tried to set this up like this.  The idea is for one spot to manage audio in the meetings, from the phone, and not with TV or Device remotes which can be confusing for meeting participants.  

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Using IP 7000 as a speaker with Real Presence

Hello

If these IP7000 are connected via Ethernet and are at least running UC Software 4.0.0 or later then you can simply backup your configuration and compare the settings

For more details check the FAQ in my signature

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: Using IP 7000 as a speaker with Real Presence

The way it is intended to work:

When connected via the CLink 2 inteface and a voice call is placed from the IP 7000, that should be on the IP 7000 only.

If the call is placed via the video system, then the audio will be from the system speakers as it is assumed to be a video call.  There is no way to distinguish between video and audio calls on the GS video system.

Message 3 of 3