Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Using Microsoft Teams with x50 - HDMI input only works during meeting

SOLVED
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Using Microsoft Teams with x50 - HDMI input only works during meeting

Hello @DSM 

I am closing this post as we are not archiving a positive outcome and the community is not the place to criticise something we have no control over.

As already stated the Poly device in Poly OS mode will do everything as advertised. Our Partners have the ability to control what they will allow and what not.

We do not have any influence over this and we cannot enforce a functionality that is not wanted by the partner. We need to qualify our devices in order to archive the capability the Partner wants and therefore, even if it would be simple and possible, cannot enable this or we will not get the certification.

I do understand that you are frustrated and you believe you have been miss informed but sometimes a partner changes their mind even during our own development and information shared via an NDA may not manifest itself in the final product/software.

There is nothing we can do as our hands are tied and I hope you understand this final explanation.

We do offer services for end customers and they should enable you to get into our support organisation for support and not being pushed back to a reseller. I suggest you discuss this with your Poly contact.

In regards to our RealConnect for Teams service, this is quite a successful offering especially for customers wanting to use older hardware without the need to purchase new hardware.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @DSM ,

the feature you are after is >this< and is being developed by our partner Microsoft for a Q4/2020 release.

The URL share >here< before contains all features which will come to the Teams collaboration bar in the future.

Other competitors are in the same boat as us.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

To clarify the HDMI input on both the X30 and X50 are functional in the base Poly mode.  But when you put the Studio X into a specific provider mode, be it Microsoft Teams or Zoom then their that providers Android application is used instead.

As stated above the Microsoft Teams client does not yet support the HDMI input and this is something that Microsoft is aware of.  This has nothing to do with being in a meeting or not, the Teams client simply does not see the HDMI input.  They have already announced in their public roadmap that support is coming for that capability.

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Principal Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Message 13 of 13