Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there. Does anyone know if it's actually possible to find out how long a call that's in progress has lasted (or when it started). I seem to be able to use the calldetail command appears to give the start and end times but only for calls that have ended and the callinfo command that does tell you about the current call doesn't have any time informaton in it.

Please tell me there's a command that I'm missing that will allow me to know how long the current call has been running for! Please!?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Nothing in the API that will produce a call-in-progress time duration.

HP Recommended

Page 173 of the Integrator's Reference Manual http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

The Call Detail Report from the Web UI is what shows you start and end times of calls. If you need to access in the Web UI you can find it under Utilities at the top menus and once Utilities is selected Call Detail Report on the left side menus. Though I am not sure if there is a way to pull it through API just to start and stop the report from collecting call data. 

HP Recommended

A work around proposed by someone:

If the need is in a “control system” based environment, that information would be part of the custom UI in that control system.

Call duration = local time now (minus) local time at “notification call connecting

HP Recommended

I think that I'm being dense. I'm not sure what you mean by

local time at “notification call connecting

From what I can tell from now having read every API command, there isn't a way to programatically get how long the current call has lasted at all, which is a real shame. I really need that information for something that I'm working on. And currently the only way I can think of getting it as by polling the 7000s ever minute and asking "What call are you in?" and then storing the values myself in a database when a new call starts... Which, if I have to implement, I suspect a little piece of me will die. 😞

HP Recommended

There is no need to create a polling loop.  The Notify command will tell you when a call is ringing, connecting, connected and disconnected.

Just look for the connected message (interupt driven), capture the current time and then when you see a disconnect, subtract the two and you have the call duration.  

This is what I use in VTC-Monitor when watching large number (>100) systems...  btw, I've tested it monitoring up to 400 systems..

Gary M

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.