Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

As a general rule of thumb, what should be the higest bandwidth setting one would use for point-to-point over a T1?

I have a customer who has their unit set for 1024 and are experiencing 'delayed' audio.  The delay is approximately .75 seconds.  There are no errors, no drops, no lip sync issues.  They want a more 'real-time' audio experience.

They removed all other equipment from the equation (no firewall) and plugged the VC  directly to the MPLS handoff via ethernet.  One side is 1.5 Mb (T1) the other is  6Mb.  When they run the call over the Internet, they don't see the delay.  The Internet connections are considerably higher bandwidth.  I believe one side is 100Mb - not sure of the other.

Any suggestions?

TIA - Scott

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

How is the T1 used?  as a circuit switched network or as a LAN/WAN connection?

If it is a LAN/WAN connection, does the end-to-end circuit meet the specifications for Video Confernecing.  Does the SP support video on their backbone?  Does the circuit support QoS?  Are the codecs set properly?

HP Recommended

The T1 is part of a managed MPLS network.  The entire circuit is used for video and is marked as such; QoS is implemented on the MPLS network.

When you say "meet the specifications for VC" - what specically are you refering to?

Also - what do you mean by "codecs set properly"?

I work for the MPLS provider and we do this all over the globe.  However, we do not manage the VC gear, nor the codecs.  From what I have been told, the VC is set to use a 1024 call.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.