Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a VSX 5000 with software version Release 8.5.3 - 28Feb2007 11:30. 

The issue at hand is that even though I have the far end camera control option selected in admin settings, my far sites are not allowed control of the camera or inputs.  The far sites are on our IP network.  One is a LifeSize Passport and the other is a Polycom Viewstation FX. 

Thank you for any help. 

Also, if we wanted to do a one time license upgrade to have the software updated, how would we go about doing that?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

For the upgrade please contact your Polycom reseller, it is SKU 5150-28421-001 for the 9.0 upgrade.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  My rep is currently getting a price from my update.  Would the software being out of date be the only issue causing lack of far end camera control to my VSX 5000 from other sites through IP?  Our Lifesize Passport seems to control the far end of our Polycom FX just fine. 

HP Recommended

Please ensure that basic mode (go to System > Admin Settings > Network > Call Preference) is not enabled on any of the endpoints:

Basic Mode disables many system features such as content sharing, far end camera control, and advanced audio and video algorithms. Use Basic Mode only when calling systems that fail to operate properly with these advanced features.

Be sure the far sites are zooming in once they attempt taking control [the in-call camera icon should flip around indicating FECC is enabled if I recall correctly], if your camera is zoomed all the way out then they will not be able to use directional controls.

The far sites are on your IP network: meaning your physical IP network, or is there advanced routing between?

If the endpoints are not on the same local subnet, be sure that all required ports are open end-to-end, these ports can be fixed (go to System > Admin Settings > Network > IP > Firewall).  This is sometimes useful even for H.323 aware firewalls which may be having trouble working with some H.323 features.

HP Recommended

Basic mode on the VSX 5000 was turned on.  Turned it off and was able to have fully functioning control from all of my end points.  Thank you for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.