Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Please read through before commenting on this.

My client has had a VSX 7000 unit and it has been working for video conferencing fine for the past three years.

Suddenly this past week we can call out but when the remote side answers the call they can see us and hear us, but we cannot see them nor hear them.  We get a black screen with a open padlock in the bottom right corner.

I have the following ports open for it, and yet I know it is overkill but we have been trying everything we can think of:

1720 - TCP

3603 - TCP

389 - TCP

3230-3253 - TCP

3601 - TCP

1731 - TCP

5060 - TCP

1720 - UDP

1718-1719 - UDP

3230-3341 - UDP

5060 - UDP

49236 - UDP

These are bidirectional.

These have been open up and the same for the last three years.

I called Polycom tech support and they stated that this is due to the ports not being open. 

What?  It has been working for three years with NO problems and now it doesn't work and suddenly the ports are at fault?

Has anyone seen this where the DSL router that you have has to be replaced?
Or could this be an issue with the Polycom unit itself?

Thanks,
Kelly W.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

is nat enabled and configured in the firewall settings if your vsx ?

Is the "Fixed Ports" option ticked on the same page ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes it is.

At least I believe it was since it had been working for three years with no problems.

Where on the VSX would I go to check it?
Thanks,

Kelly W.

HP Recommended

System > Admin Settings > Network> IP> Firewall
Select fixed ports and select NAT:Auto
The system should take a public IP from Router or ADSL modem.

If NOT, set this option to manual and enter your public IP in the corresponding field.

Double-check that your have a correct portforwarding configured on your router/firewall to the lan ip of the vsx.

Do a test call to: 71.14.2.158 (Gary´s test site with a hdx system)

By the way: Is it possible, that the vsx IP adress has changed ? That would mean, that the port forwarding is incorrect and therefore the incoming packets are routed to the wrong ip adress.

HP Recommended

Hello,

No the internal IP address has not changed, I made sure of that as a first step.

Also the external IP address has not changed.  They have a static IP address.
Thanks,
Kelly W.

HP Recommended

Have you already checked the other settings i´ve mentioned ??

HP Recommended

Hello,

Not yet.  Forgot the password to remotely get on to the unit (through a PC and logmein.com).

Not on site like I was earlier.

One of the users is going to email me the password in the next short while.

Thanks,
Kelly W.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Okay everything is setup as you stated.

When I try to dial out to the IP address that you gave me it came back (this is from the web browser area) and states:

The far end system is capable of accepting your call, but the call was rejected for an unknown reason.

Thanks,

Kelly W.

HP Recommended

Could you try to dial: 71.14.2.157 (which is also one of gary´s test machines) or one of the polycom test sites from the directory ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Okay I will have to do the calling when I am on site.

I will be there on Monday morning to do this.

Thanks,
Kelly W.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.