Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our VSX 7000 was working fine yesterday, but today it won't power up at all.

I know it's getting power, because when I throw the switch the camera does its "spin around to the upper-right, then point front and center" thing, and I can see some LEDs glowing on the inside through the mesh.

But that's all it does.  The power light on the front never turns on, I don't hear the opening sound file, and the video never comes up.

Any thoughts on what might cause this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What is Monitor one setup to be S-Video or VGA?

HP Recommended

S-Video.

HP Recommended

Try turning off the system then turn it on. Once you turn on the VSX hold down the # key on your remote and keep holding it until you see a image or hear the audio. That should force the video out through S-Video. Also you might want to double check that you are using S-Video monitor one. 

HP Recommended

Holding down the # doesn't seem to make any difference.  It really doesn't even seem like it's booting far enough to recieve input from the remote.

It was working fine on Monday, and then Tuesday, it just refused to start up...

HP Recommended

Try one more thing. Boot up the unit holding down the 0 key. See if you get to a screen that says waiting for system update. If that works then you know that the video out is working. If not the unit will most likely need to be replaced. The unit is able to take IR signal right from the moment it is turned on. 

HP Recommended

No, that doesn't seem to make any difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.