Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are having issues when trying to place a Video call using ISDN. The system will dial the other location, but after ringing for a while will come back with the message.

“Your call could not be completed due to a network problem” Please try again later.

This is happening with all outgoing ISDN calls to any number, we can connect using IP to any site with no problems. We can receive Video calls when someone dials in using ISDN and we can also place outgoing voice calls with the system.

I have replaced all network cables that connect the system to the ISDN lines, I have tried to make Video calls only using 1 line at a time. I have reset the system back to factory defaults and set it up again, but I’m still getting the same issue.

Here are the system details

Software Version: Release 8.7 - 17Jul2007 11:59

Boot UI Version: 0.20.4

Model: VSX 7000 (64)

FPGA Version: 4.3.0

Network Interface Type: ISDN_QUAD_BRI

ISDN Switch Protocols: Standard ETSI Euro-ISDN

Settings for the H.320 are

Enable ISDN H.320                                                  set to True

Number of ISDN Channels to Dial in Parallel           8

Outside line Dialing Prefix                                         Blank not needed

Numbering Plan                                                        Unknown

ISDN Voice Algorithm                                               aLaw

ISDN switch Protocols                                              Standard ETSI Euro-ISDN

Anyone any ideas

Thanks

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is new installation or not?

1. Check numbering plan (Ascending Order)
  2. CPN and CLI enabled in the hidden advanced ISDN settings menu.

To access the menu you need to on the system page whereby you have the following four options:
1 Admin Settings
2 Diagnostics
3 System Information
4 Utilities

You then enter the following sequence using the infrared remote: *4736238* making sure that the green led on the front of the codec only flashes once per button push. If you make a mistake you will need to return to the home screen, select system and then re-attempt the sequence. It's quite common for it to take an attempt or two to access the common problem is that the user hold the button down for too long and so the IR command gets sent twice.

You Have to uncheck Both CPN and CLI.

Once done, press home and then power cycle for the change to be applied to the QBRI module.

HP Recommended

you have to unchek both

HP Recommended

Hi Jitendra,

This equipment has been in place for around 5 years and there hadn't been any changes made that I am aware of.

I did as you suggested and unchecked the CPN/CLI setting; which on our system both are set by the one check box. Then used the web app to reboot, but I'm still getting the same issue.

HP Recommended

I also facing same problem but now resolved.

Customer side

1. Check proper grounding for all equipment

2. Numbering plan should be ascending order

3. For quad Bri connection with NT Box (use only cable that supplied with vsx)**

4. Interchange NT BOX(1st to 2nd or 3rd)

or replace atleast 1st &2nd

(is it  possible you can carry working VSX from other site for testing )?

Confirm me after do this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.