Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VSX-7000 password reset

Assim
Occasional Visitor

VSX-7000 password reset

i have a problem in vsx 7000 station, i forgot the password and i tried to reset erfl in system recovery menu by pressing 0.

the station is reachable on 1.1.1.2 ip but when i started the softupdate, it failed to update and give me this message is status "221 service closing control connection" so it seems something wrong in ftp connection, also i tried to open ftp using cmd, also give me this message "Connection closed by remote host."

the serial number is 82073008D598N9 and the version displayed in system recovery menu is 0.21.7B.17

thanks to help

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Kendo
Polycom Employee

Re: VSX-7000 password reset

the only way to reset a password is to do a 'System Reset' from the diagnostics menu under 'System'. This requires you to enter the system serial number.  The new password will then default to the system serial number. 

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 2 of 9
Assim
Occasional Visitor

the system reset menu is asking for room password not for the serial number, so is there  any method to reset it?

thanks

Message 3 of 9
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Quoted from knowledge base:

There is no quick way of bypassing the Administrator password, if it is lost and needs to be reset. The user needs to go into the boot ui and reload software.

1. Turn the unit off
  2. Hold down the 0 key on the remote and boot the system. (this places the unit into a boot ui state)
  3. Load new software to this unit

You will probably be prompted for your license key, depending on what version you try to install. If you do not have this any longer but have paid for the software, you can get one generated from the software downloads site.

4. The first screen of the install, states password. Leave this field empty and just hit the key to go on.
WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 4 of 9
ACR
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem, could you solve it?

thanks

Message 5 of 9
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello ACR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you follow the post above yours ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 6 of 9
hsyah
Occasional Visitor

the serial number is 8208420AD32CAK

i have a problem in vsx 7000 station, i forgot the password and i tried to reset erfl in system recovery menu by pressing 0.

the station is reachable on 1.1.1.2 ip but when i started the softupdate, it failed to update and give me this message is status "221 service closing control connection" so it seems something wrong in ftp connection, also i tried to open ftp using cmd, also give me this message "Connection closed by remote host."

the system reset menu is asking for room password not for the serial number, so is there  any method to reset it?

Message 7 of 9
mario.porto
Visitor

Hello everyone

I have the same problem, I have a room password and it does not correspond to the serial number; How can I make a reset of manufacturing values? My device is VSX7000 with serial number 8206220760A0AK

Thank you

Message 8 of 9
mario.porto
Visitor

Hello everyone

I have the same problem, I have a room password and it does not correspond to the serial number; How can I make a reset of manufacturing values? My device is VSX7000 with serial number 8206220760A0AK

Thank ypu

Message 9 of 9