Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

a costumer has vsx7000 and has problems sending content into a conference hosted on a radvision 5005 MCU.

Device was updated to latest software and connecting a notebook shows content when not in a call. When you are in a call no content is displayed anfd no content is sent from VSX to MCU. H239 is on an additional camera inputs are set to content.

If you try sending content in a call you'll receive error message "far-side does not support live-video / Die Gegenseite unterstützt kein Live-Video". It seems to be a problem an VSX as other endpoints (Lifesize and Avaya) can send content.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Frank Hübner,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Mentioning the latest software is not a good practise as depending on the product in use may change frequently.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Looking through the current VSX7000 release notes for software version 9.0.6.2 shows when searching for the third party product:

• Interoperability RADVISION

When a Polycom VSX system places an H.320 to H.323 gateway call through a RADVISION viaIP gateway, it cannot send or receive H.239 content.

As you have not provided any detailed information about the call flow or what kind of call this is we cannot really comment if the above matches what you are describing.

The above was registered with Software Version 8.03 so not even sure if this covers what you describe without looking at some traces or logs.

As this is outside the scope for myself as a Polycom employee via the community I can only ask you to either provide more details or open a Polycom support ticket so we can verify this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I'm sorry, here's the missing information:

THe VSX does an IP/H323 call to public IP of scopia pathfinder (NAT Traversal Gateway), extended by ## and the meetingroom on scopia MCU.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

as it is monday morning I will provide you logs from VSX as soon as possible,

HP Recommended

Hi all,

here is the CDR. There are several test calls to other endpoints and VMRs on scopia mcu. Into none of them conent could be send.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I just thought about information costumer gave me:

As costumer was just using VSX, and one of them had a multipoint licence, content was working. Maybe content sharing is only possible with other VSX and at least one having a multpoint licence?

For those of you who ha a look at the CRD I posted yesterday, no content was shared oder received during the test calls.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Issue with VSX7000e seeing content from Group 310 series. The Conference goes through a meeting room  from VSCENE JANET (JISC) based in UK.  When we dial locally within our network content is shared successfully. We have the latest VSX7000e 9.0.1.

See response CHECKPOINT below

In the past Polycom used to use a Protocol Suite that was outdated and not supported by Checkpoint, which Polycom addressed by updating these protocols in latest version of their software.
Checkpoint also do not offer any workarounds for this as the protocol is insecure and exposes a lot of vulnerabilities, hence why they don’t support it. They have advised to update our Polycom Software that runs on the units, or engage Polycom Directly.

My question is rather than replacing the three VSX7000e units due to buget retrictions has anyone a work around or best way to either assit CHECKPOINT or Polycom. 

Thanks,

Ray

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.