Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VSX 7000e. When I power it on the button flashes blue the goes out. the speaker system make a noise like it's starting but then nothing. Nothing works except the Video screen that displays "No connection". Is the system dead. If it is I'm going to dispose of the equipment.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

When the VSX boots the button should go to green. Try disconnecting all cables except for monitor. Also the system needs to be 'told' which monitor connection type is connected. During boot up press the  ' * ' key on the remote during boot for VGA and the ' # ' key for s-video.

Before trashing the unit we can check to see if there may be a service contract on the unit.  If you provide me with the VSX serial number I can look it up. I need the full 14 digit number. 

HP Recommended

Ser# 820811097AFDB9

It's and older unit. a few years old. It was working fine a few days ago.

My company is moving out of the site we're in so I rolled it out for shipping.

We desided to donate it to the new tenents so I was going to reset it to factory defaults when I ran into the not powering on issue.

I did pull all the connections and get the same thing.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Steve,

that serial shows a premier Elite contract through 3/31/13, owned by BARCLAYS CAPITAL in Colorado Springs.  We can replace it under that contract. You should have one of our agents assigned to your account.  However I see your parent company is in Europe. Try giving out support line a call (888) 248-4143 and we can work this out.

However I also see a different spelling  Bardays Capital.  Not sure which is correct. Give us a call anyway and we can straighten this out. 

HP Recommended

Thanks I'll call

HP Recommended

Actually my company decided not to donate it seeing it has the service contract. I'm sending it back to the main office.

They will deal with it there

Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.