Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VSX 7000s Audio Problem

davisca
Occasional Visitor

VSX 7000s Audio Problem

We have two VSX 7000s units that seem to have a similar problem.  The audio output is severely reduced.  I have the volume all the way up, but the output is extremely low.  You can hear audio during a call, but it's not loud enough to hear appropriately.  This issue just started happening a couple months ago.  We've also tried to connect external speakers to the audio out on the back of the unit, but the same issue occurs, very reduced audio output.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Uwe_Ansmann
Honored Contributor

Re: VSX 7000s Audio Problem

Hi there...

try to increase the master volume (System > Admin Settings >Audio) following the administrator guide, which can be found here.

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 2 of 10
davisca
Occasional Visitor

The master volume is all the way up to 50.  It doesn't seem to help.  I think the master volume is actually the same as the volume adjustment using the remote.  Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 10
nleloh1
Occasional Contributor

Do you have a subwoofer in the stand or is it a seperate codec?

If you have a subwoofer, on the back you will find a kind of RJ45 connector, if you remove this the sound quality will be louder.

If so than the subwoofer is defect.

Message 4 of 10
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Can't be silent....

nleloh1, could you please show us "a kind of RJ45 connector" on the back of subwoofer on the attached picture?

Waiting with impatience,

MIke

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 5 of 10
Uwe_Ansmann
Honored Contributor

Mike, he´s talking about the integrated subwoofer (CAMBRIDGE SOUNDWORKS) of the VSX Media Cart solution.

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 6 of 10
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Uwe,

Thanks for clarification. I take my remark back.

Best regards,

Mike

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 7 of 10
vc-user
Occasional Visitor

We are expereincing the same problem. Everything was fine until 6 months back . Tried connecting to extrernal speakers, still the same . Has any one got a solution ?

Message 8 of 10
JPT
Occasional Visitor

I have just recently lost audio on two VSX 7000 systems, has a solution been found to correct the problem? 

Message 9 of 10
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please contact Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 10 of 10