Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I work at a community college that uses VSX 8000 on a couple of our campuses in different counties.  Friday before last, one of them was turned off. I got someone turn it back on, it did and it is running fine.  Last Friday, the other one did the same thing. While I could believe that someone just turned them off, the fact it was a week apart, and on the same day of week makes me wonder. Do VSX 8000s have a setting or feature that shuts down after so long being on, or does it mean something is wrong with the box or going to be wrong with them. WOuld like it to be nothing more than to say, someone turned it off or a blip in the power and it didn't turn back on, but the time of when they did and the closeness has me worried 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There is not a trigger in the Polycom product that would shut off power to the unit. 

A lot of times this is done with human intervention, and a lot of times it is due to people worried they are 'being spied' on, so to make sure that is not happening they power off units.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.