Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom Community, I kindly ask your help regarding this remote access password issue with one VSX5000 codec:

1) The codec has the latest F/W Release 9.0.6.2-103, but we cannot change the General Settings - Security - Remote Access password via web gui, even when we selected the option "Change Password", there isn't any prompt for ingress the new password, neither "update" button works. The same behavior occurs in firefox 78.3.1 or 1.5.

2) I managed to login into codec via telnet port 23 or 24, but there isn't any command related to password change, and looking in the web, the command Integrator's Reference Manuals only apply for release 8.x. I think in a downgrade but in in support page (https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/video/vsx-series/vsx5000.ht...) there are only 9.x releases.

I appreciate any help, understanding that this platform is EOL and we have no replacement date for this specific VSX codec on our network yet.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.