Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VSX7000 and the only funtion the remote will execute is turning on/off the mute feature. We have a total of 3 VSX units - different remotes also do no work on the affected unit. Are the remotes designed to work with the units they were shipped with only?

I am unable to access any meuns/option on the affected unit to perform any tasks.

Thanks,

Dan McInerney

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Dan.  In my experience even an old Viewstation remote will do something with a VSX or HDX so in short, No the remote shipped with the VSX is NOT uniquley paired with the system.  Sounds like you may have a faulty IR receiver.

I assume that pressing the Near button & steering the camera produces no movement.

Pete

HP Recommended

Pete-

The near/far and steering buttoms do not cause any movements, but the green light directly above the IR receiver blinks when the remote is sending a command. The only way I know the mute feature works is because the green light on the microhpone turns red.

HP Recommended

Hi Dan.. It certainly sounds like the remote is working and commands are being received.

Just to check you don't have monitor 1 plugged into the monitor 2 output, you can see the Place A Call screen can't you?

Plan B may be to Web Browse to the CSXs Web Front end & see what control you get there.

Web Browse the VSX IP address, Username admin, default password is S# (14 digits begining 82 UPPER CASE).

HP Recommended

When I turn the unit on, the camera works as I can see myself displayed on the monitor it is hooked into. It seems the remote no longer can command the unit, but the unit acts as if commands are being received and acknowleged, but not acted upon. Very strange...

HP Recommended

You can see yourself but NOT the Place a Call Screen?  Pressing the Home button should display Place a Call screen.

HP Recommended

That is correct. I can see myself, but pressing the call/hang up button, or any other buttons for that matter, do not function.

HP Recommended

Well if you can't see the Place a Call screen & only see near end video the most likely (non fault related) issue would be that the monitor you are viewing is connected to the VSX Monitor 2 output. Attached shot of VSX back panel & required connections.

HP Recommended

I checked, switched and re-checked all the cable connections and so far to no avail. Currently doing a turn on VSX while pressing remote 0 reset and crossing my fingers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.