Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all-

I have (2) VSX7000 I would like to connect to 2 newer Samsung monitors. These monitors do not have S-video inputs, so I am wondering what would be the highest quality connection to go from VSX to monitor. The monitors have virtually all of the inputs a new HD monitor would, aside from the aforementioned S-video.

Thanks, Dan McInerney

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Dan, do you have VGA on the monitor? The VSX can be set to send VGA out for monitor #1.  Pressing the '*' (asterisk) button on the remote while the VSX is booting up will switch it to VGA.

HP Recommended

Hi Dan.

On VSX with monitor 1 VGA, Monitor 2 would HAVE to be S-Video.  Are there any SCARTs on your new Samsungs that MAY suport S-Video??

Pete

HP Recommended

Our Samsung monitors have VGA inputs, but our VSX7000's have a VGA output on the rear of the unit the type of which I have not seen before.

Is there an adapter I can use to convert this to the standard VGA terminal?

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You have the older first gen VSX7000 (64mb) version.  There was a dongle that connected to that port which allowed for connection to either one of three connectors, VGA, S-video or composite (RCA).

The cable was a purchasable option.  The part number is 2457-10849-001.

However since this model VSX has gone past the end of service life this cable is no longer available from Polycom.  However there may still be some available on the internet

HP Recommended

Hi All ,

I  have the same question . we have the two sanyo lcd displays . I have connected the svideo port from the vsx 7000 to one sanyo lcd monitor.

We have one more sanyo lcd display. we have  dongle cable (2457-10849-001) connected to VSX 7000 VGA (port3) .

Can we take the svideo output from the adapter and connect to the another sanyo lcd display?.

please respond to this query ASAP.

Regards,

Ashokkumar

HP Recommended

The dongle for the older VSX second monitor has 3 connectors but only one at a time can be used.

HP Recommended

Hi Kendo ,

Thanks for the response. 

kendo,

I have connected the dongle vga to the second lcd display. now i am getting far end display in monitor 1 and near end display in monitor 2.  can you confirm whether this setup is correct?.

Once more question is whether i will be able to display the near end in both displays.

HP Recommended

On the second page of the monitor config section you can select which monitor you want to display near or far.

Check out the VSX Admin Guide at the below link for full details on this config.

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

Not sure why you would want to see only the near end.

HP Recommended

sorry kendo , i have mentioned near end instead of far end.

actually conference room  is big enough. so our team wants to display the far end video in both the displays.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.