Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Ran the following per the KB article but now I get no video to complete step 4.  VSX7000a S/N 870751096CFCAK.  Any thoughts?

User Forgot Password and Cannot Get to Diagnostics To Reset the System

To help ensure the security of the VSX. VSX systems require that you provide new passwords when switching into Security Mode. If you forget the password when Security Mode is enabled, the VSX cannot be reset using the usual methods.

To reset the system, follow these steps:

1. Hold down the 0 button on the remote control while booting the unit, to access the Boot UI screen.

2. Start the ERFL process by pressing the following button sequence on the remote control:

## 33 77 55 Select Select then ### 333 777 555 Select Select Select.

Note:Keep alternating between the two sequences until ERFL starts.

3. Restart the system after the ERFL process is complete. Otherwise, you will have trouble running Softupdate.

4. Run Softupdate.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried the forum search ??

Maybe Marcux Post is the solution for your problem:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/VSX7000a-ERFL-but-now-no-video/m-p/866

Spoiler

You can try and power off the unit and as you are powering the unit back up holding down the Asterisk key on the remote. This should force the unit to boot into VGA mode.

What happens is once you ERFL the unit, it defaults back to S-video.

HP Recommended

@Uwe,

I think there are some Forum Bots double posting old Post's ... I had answered a few and they all use the original Post / Question as a new Post. One of them contained advertisement Spam in their Signature. I will highlight this to the Forum Admins.

Steffen

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.