Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi 

I have some trouble when making a video call inside the firewall (ASA 5510) to the endpoint in the Internet.

About every 13 minutes, the call will drop unexpected. While I move my device outside the firewall (i.e. communication from internet to internet) , the call works just fine.

the firmware of HDX 8000 is 3.0.2 and my firewall is cisco asa 5510 with IOS version 8.2(4).

I had try to extend the timeout timer as below, but it still doesn't work.

timeout xlate 3:00:00
timeout conn 4:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 1:00:00 icmp 0:00:02
timeout sunrpc 0:10:00 h323 4:05:00 h225 1:00:00 mgcp 0:05:00 mgcp-pat 0:05:00
timeout sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00 sip-invite 0:03:00 sip-disconnect 0:02:00
timeout sip-provisional-media 0:02:00 uauth 1:00:00 absolute uauth 0:05:00 inactivity
timeout tcp-proxy-reassembly 0:01:00

I really need someone's help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Typically, this is caused by an Idle timeout of port 1720 thru the firewall..    I'm not a FW expert but I would do a little google searching of "Cisco h.323 timeout 1720"...  I think you will find a lot of discussions (and solutions)...

Gary M

HP Recommended

Any updates to this?  Experiencing similar symptoms.

HP Recommended

Try s/w update to the HDX.  The later versions inserted a TCP 1720 keep alive at 30 min intervals.  The latest sends keep alive messages I believe every 2 mins.

That should fix your 13 min hangup without tampering with the ASA. (I'm not a Firewall expert either).

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.