Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Video Conference Recording - HDX 8000

GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

Re: Video Conference Recording - HDX 8000

I've used this EXACT device and it works great!!   I did 720p30 recordings.   I put it in-line with the monitor and treated it just like a large projector. 

You will need a PC for it to record to (using USB 2.0) but other than that, it worked well..

(BTW, I tested and used it on both an 8006 AND 9004).

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 11 of 17
dz
Occasional Advisor

I got this device and gave it input from monitor 2 output port of the HDX but I can get the far site to be displayed either on monitor 1 or monitor 2. Is it true that we can get far site only on one of the monitors at one particular time??

Message 12 of 17
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

That is correct though, in single monitor mode, you will get content in the larger area and far end video in a pip (that is what I did)...

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 13 of 17
LifeLoveHealth
Occasional Visitor

Yes! Video Conference Recording - HDX 8000

DZ and Friends - I am also attracted to the Hauppauge1212, as there is SO little available in s-video recorders.

Tell me, please, how did this work out for you?  I prefer to transfer to an Apple, but the Polcom HDX 8000 seems very PC-based.  What has been your experience? 

I'd like to capture the video, transfer the recording to the Apple, where it'll be edited in FinalCutPro.

Here's a bizarre question - can the Polycom be used with Skype? 

Message 14 of 17
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Yes! Video Conference Recording - HDX 8000

@LifeLoveHealth wrote:

DZ and Friends - I am also attracted to the Hauppauge1212, as there is SO little available in s-video recorders.

Tell me, please, how did this work out for you?  I prefer to transfer to an Apple, but the Polcom HDX 8000 seems very PC-based.  What has been your experience? 

I'd like to capture the video, transfer the recording to the Apple, where it'll be edited in FinalCutPro.

Here's a bizarre question - can the Polycom be used with Skype? 

Hello,

our devices offer functionality for both PC and Mac and the Video Out utilizes an industry standard S-VHS Port.

If you want to record this signal with your Mac device I can only advice to check for Mac Compatible Video Cards.

Skype utilizes a propitiatory protocol which is not compatible with our Polycom open standard.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 15 of 17
petet
Trusted Contributor

Re: Yes! Video Conference Recording - HDX 8000

Re: Skype.  It's not a bizare question.  People have been asking us for years as there are millions of Skype users & millions of H.323 (IPVC) devices out there.

Initially the answer was "no mate, get a proper VC device".  More recently Skype,Google Plus (Vidyo) & MS Lync have entered the fray& non-H.323 VC has become very important.

There may be others but "Blue Jeans" provides a bridging serviuce to tie all these protocols together.  We've bundlled that with Deutche Telecom to add ISDN & PSTN VC/Voice to the mix too.

So you could have a VC meeting with an HDX4000, Skype, Lync, Google+, H.320 (ISDN) Viewstation with a bloke on a Mobile phone.

Pretty cool.

Pete

Message 16 of 17
Telvinet
Occasional Visitor

Gary, Im trying to connect the Hauppauge HD PVR Recorder, the one that was suggested on this post, to a Polycom HD7000. I conect the component cables from the Polycom unit to the HD PVR unit and from the HD PVR unit to the TV but I get no audio.... can anyone help me out??? Is there a special instruction to get the Audio working. Thanks.

Message 17 of 17