Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Video but No Audio

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Video but No Audio

Background:  I have two VSX 5000 units.  If I have both set up and call within my own LAN, the video and audio works great on both ends.

When I try to comunicate with a unit outside of my lan, I get video but no audio on both ends.  This looks like a firewall issue.  I currently have the following ports open.

TCP 1720

TCP 3230-3239

UDP 3230-3253

There was a simular issue posted last year but they were not nice enough to post what the final fix was.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Video but No Audio

Hello jflynn,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

• Jun 21,2014 Question: Are there specific Ports in my firewall that I need to open in order to utilize video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <=.

In addition check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions.

• Jun 21,2014 Question: What could be causing one way video or one way audio when utilizing video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <= in order to open the relevant firewall ports.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Video but No Audio

I have fixed this problem.  All I needed to do was update to the latest software version.  9.0.6

I spent a lot of hrs trying to fix this and all I needed was the license key from polycom and 5 minutes of updating.

Before the update, I was able to connect to the test systems that were HTX7000 and lower.  I wa havign the audio problem with the newer systems.... 

Hope this helps somebody out

Message 3 of 3