Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My organization has been having a problem with the video conferencing feature with the HDX 6000.  What is happening is that when we sign in to video conference with the unit, we see the other location and they see us just fine...all is working well with sound and picture.  However, when we put a Powerpoint presentation on the screen and go to 'content' to do the presentation and the other location picture-in-picture goes up to the right hand corner of the screen, the group we are conferencing with then see's the Powerpoint presentation fine and hears us, but in the upper right instead of seeing our location they see a picture of themselves.  At one time the group saw us fine during the presentation, as should be the case; but during a power disruption a few months back, someone on the other end messed with the remote and we have had this issue since.  We have had some IT people work on it without success; would someone familiar with this unit know how to reset it or give directions on how to correct the issue?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The far end needs to use their Display button and page through the various views until they see the one they want.

Please refer to the HDX User's Guide on the Polycom Support web site for more details <Get it here>

HP Recommended

Have the same problem when I'm at the 'near' end 'receiving' content.  No amount of cycling through the display options allows us to view content and the presenter at the same time.  

The ability to see content and the presenter had worked previously.  Nobody can determine what changed.  Has been an issue that's been worked around for months now.  I finally have some free time to do more investigative troubleshooting and so far am not having any luck.

Staff did tell me that recently they were part of a multipoint VTC and they were able to see the other sites and the content.  

HP Recommended

OK.  I re-read this and let me see if I see this right.

So when content is shared they see themselves instead of the far end.  Is it in a PIP or are you using DME?  Maybe someone switched DME (Dual Monitor Emulation) off.

Also if you are not using DME, when you select the camera button for your primary camera you should see an icon that has a couple of arrows in it.  That is indicating you can swap the images in the main camera to the PIP, if it is just the PIP then you see far end, select the camera source and you well see the near end.

HP Recommended

Similar to the initial post, except am writing it from the perspective of the site that's having the problem.  In other words, when we first link up, we see each other just fine.  Once the 'other' end pushes content, we see what's being pushed in one PIP window and ourselves in the other.  We used to be able to see content and the presenter.  Something has changed but nobody can pinpoint the problem.  Further complicating this matter is that I don't work at the site that's having the problem; therefore, I don't have easy access to the equipment.

I did manage to download a copy of the user's manual and verified a few of the settings.  DME must be enabled if only because we see content and ourselves.  

And again, staff did indicate during a recent multipoint VTC, they were able to view the other sites at the same time (to include the 'presenting' site) on screen.

HP Recommended

DME has nothing to do with seeing content and people, but rather how the real-estate is used on the screen.

With DME you have a number of different layout options which can be used, both with and without content, they are different.  You toggle through them by using the "Display" button on the remote.

WIthout DME you have a PIP which lays over the video.  When in a call without content you can swap the images by using the swap on the camera selection as I described earlier.  When content is shared you can swap the image in the PIP between far end and near end using the Swap selection from the camera selection screen.

When content is shared, unless you have turned it off, then you will see it.

The only other thing that this could be is that the far end is not sending H.239 content but rather sending a video stream.  You have to have H.239 on in the call preferences screen and you have to have the input sending the content defined as content.

HP Recommended

Both systems are identical.  

If I'm understanding correctly, having DME enabled/disabled shouldn't make a difference as far as the ability of seeing content and the presenter simultaneously.

I will double check the settings to verify if h.239 is enabled or not.  Because I'm going to have to assist the staff person at the site experiencing the problem, how do I get to the menu are you mentioned?

Thanks in advance for your comments.  Will let you know how it turns out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.