Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, my company intends to procure Polycom Trio Visual+ (Polycom Trio Visual+ (Logitech C930e+ RealPresence Trio 8800 conference phone)). I want to ask if the solution can work without a 3rd party application. Or does it work with other 3rd party application apart from Skype for Business like TrueConf, Zoom etc..

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you @mshu for your response.

But can the video solution work on its own without connecting to any 3rd party application like the zoom.

HP Recommended

Hello @Marshall ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly provides the highest interoperability within this industry. The Poly Trio can be a standalone SIP and/or H.323 Video Device without the need for a specific server.

It is also compatible with Skype for Business and in Hybrid mode, many other server types like already outlined by @mshu1 

Have a look >here< and maybe get in touch with a Poly reseller in your region. I suggest you check the release notes and data sheets.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you @SteffenBaierUK for your response. It was enlightening.

Furthermore, is it possible to use the poly solution to connect two different locations on a video conference without necessarily going through the internet. 

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @Marshall 

as long as there is a routable network yes that is the basic functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK

We were discussing with one of your colleague Darren, on sorting out the financials so we could procure the solution. 

He however, stated that the solution must go through the internet for two locations to be in a video conference and this is what we do not want.

Can you please confirm certainly if this is correct because our next decision is dependent on the what information we get.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @Marshall 

I am a volunteer and already provided details that as long as a routable network connects both sites the Trio or any other Poly solution will be fine.

You simply dial the IP of the other endpoint and no server is needed as long as this is a P2P call. You can also set up the Trio to join a Zoom or BlueJeans call using the Hybrid method documented. It can also join WebEx calls and the new camera passthrough feature since UC Software 5.9.2 allows other services to use the Trio camera, speaker and microphone.

For more details please contact a Poly reseller >here<

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you so much @steffen for the clarity.

You have been very helpful with your timely and comprehensive responses.

We will go ahead to procure the solution with hope that it meets our expectation.

Thank you.

Marshall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.