Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Have got our Polycom systems working now between our offices in London and India.

It all works fine until one side attempts to share their screen/content via the People+Connect IP software wirelessly from a standard laptop or desktop, after 10-15 seconds, it almost always freezes the video at both ends and sometimes the audio stops completely as well.

Will do some testing with a cable between a device that has content we want to share and the Polycom unit.

But has anyone experienced this before?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Charlie,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

In addition it may also be useful to specify the Polycom equipment you are currently using.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Both systems are HDX 6000 HD and they are both running 2.6.1.3-5205 software.

I have tested with a direct cable from a laptop connected to the Polycom instead of the People+Content IP software and it does the same.

Without sharing content, the current call we are in has been going on for 40 minutes with no problems

HP Recommended

The current software for HDX is 3.1.6.  Would be helpful to upgrade to that version.

Is the PPCIP connected via a wireless LAN or hardwired?

What data rate is the call running, not what is dialed but what is shown in the call diagnostics page.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply. Is it a free upgrade to that version of software?

Have tried with different call rates, but the one we use mostly and the figure it shows in the call stats is 512.

The PPCIP has been tested connected both via WiFi and via an Ethernet cable....

Thanks again and look forward to your reply,

Charlie

HP Recommended

Hello Charlie,

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Answer:
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, I'm currently trying to obtain our licence number from our reseller.

Should this feature work with software ver 2.6?

HP Recommended

Anyone?

If I'm unable to upgrade due to not having a licence to do so and it should work with 2.6, what steps can I try next?

HP Recommended

Hello Charlie,

content sharing should work without issues but maybe an environmental network limitation is causing this.

• Does this only occur between these two units ?
  • Have you tried sharing content with the trial version of Real Presence Desktop locally to exclude the network route ?

• The next step would be your Polycom reseller raising a case with Polycom support so we can analyze the logs and in addition a network trace.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Steffen,

We only have these two Polycom units.

What is Real Presence and do you have a link I can use to download a trial of it? I have found a trial and have installed. Will test it when I have a moment.

I have created a support ticket this morning and am awaiting to hear back as of yet, will hopefully hear back at some point in the near future.

Thanks again for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.