Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This issue has come up and whilst controlling a Poly G7500 via LAN with a Crestron Control processor.

Our Crestron Programmer has done some on site testing and seems to think it is related to the Poly API…..

Are there any known issue with VideoOS 3.6.0 in relation to the API feedback?

Issue (Client description)

The details of the behavior are as follows:

• Content from an external Teams attendee did not display on the screen (yet was visible to other remote attendees)
  • Attempt to display content locally via the cable resulted In the call dropping.
  • After re-joining, we couldn’t be heard.
  • The camera pointed to the table corner. Seems to ignore presets.
  • No camera controls are present on the Crestron panel.
  • Dial codes not accepted when joining a bridge call manually.

Programmers View On Issue

So after some investigation this morning I can confirm I found the following:

It would seem the issue is caused by the feedback mechanism on the Poly codecs not working. I proved this in one of the rooms exhibiting this behavior by opening a command line API socket to the codec from a terminal session on my machine. What should happen is you connect, send the command 'all register' and then you get confirmation that the codec should then give event updates from calls and other things. I got confirmation but no events appeared to be streaming. A reboot of the Poly codec solved this issue but I need to do some digging to find out why this should be the case.

I note the Poly codecs are running Poly VideoOS 3.6.0 which is August 2021. I don't think there are any updates to this and appears to be the latest. I have codecs running a similar setup elsewhere that don't exhibit this behavior so I will try and find out what version they are using.

Obviously, the result is that when this happens, any dialed calls don't present themselves to the Crestron application and things will not appear to be working as normal.

What do we need?

If you guys could suggest what may be happening here based on Mikes report it would be great.

Are there any known issue with VideoOS 3.6.0 in relation to the API feedback?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Isaac (Kinly) ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I believe the next 3.7. release has some API related fixes around feedback but in order to verify that you are running into the same, this would need to come into our official support organisation.

Please raise a case and you can share the ticket number here for others to potentially follow up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey

Thanks for the reply!

I have done this and the case number is

[8G212352CB88F2] | POLYSR: 33395353 | [ ref:_00D507IyW._5004v1e9NTt:ref ]

Regards,

Isaac

HP Recommended

Hello @Isaac (Kinly) ,

I moved this as it was posted in a Microsoft section. The G7500 is officially not certified for Microsoft Teams so if you are using this it is an unsupported installation. Please ensure to check the release notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.