Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am new to Polycom products and we have just bought new set of Polycom HDX800

I have only connected the HDX800 and i am trying to configure it using a web browser.

The IP address i am trying to access using http / https is 10.11.12.13. I have configured my laptop with  10.11.12.20 and subnet mask 255.0.0.0. I also tried to connect my PC and the HDX800 to the switch and i still could not access it.

I want to configure in our offices before mounting it in the conference room. This is because the conference room is a busy place.

I did not want to using the remote control configuration in the room with the system option? Do i need to connect all the equipment inorder to use the remote control configuration option Please guide me on the best way to configure my equipment in my situation.

Osidc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You would actually need to configure that IP address on the HDX using the remote first before actually connecting to it with that IP.

See page 2-2 of the admin guide found here.

Or you could obtain the current IP address of the HDX by going to System -> System Information and connecting that to that IP.

Either way, you are probably going to need the remote, at least to begin with.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You would actually need to configure that IP address on the HDX using the remote first before actually connecting to it with that IP.

See page 2-2 of the admin guide found here.

Or you could obtain the current IP address of the HDX by going to System -> System Information and connecting that to that IP.

Either way, you are probably going to need the remote, at least to begin with.

HP Recommended

Assuming the HDX8000 hasn't been previously configured with a fixed IP address, (default is DHCP Auto);

Connect the HDX8000 to your DHCP network & boot up.

Now acces your DHCP Admin Server Scope & locate a device who's MAC address starting 00:0E:DB

The last 6 digits of the MAC address will be the last 6 of the last 8 digits of the 14 digit S#

(So 821052001A2BCG would have a MAC of 00:0E:DB:00:1A:2B.

The DHCP Server will tell you the IP address the HDX has acquired.  Default port is HTTP Port 80.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.