Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Webbroswer to HDX 800

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Webbroswer to HDX 800

I am new to Polycom products and we have just bought new set of Polycom HDX800

I have only connected the HDX800 and i am trying to configure it using a web browser.

The IP address i am trying to access using http / https is 10.11.12.13. I have configured my laptop with  10.11.12.20 and subnet mask 255.0.0.0. I also tried to connect my PC and the HDX800 to the switch and i still could not access it.

I want to configure in our offices before mounting it in the conference room. This is because the conference room is a busy place.

I did not want to using the remote control configuration in the room with the system option? Do i need to connect all the equipment inorder to use the remote control configuration option Please guide me on the best way to configure my equipment in my situation.

Osidc

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Webbroswer to HDX 800

You would actually need to configure that IP address on the HDX using the remote first before actually connecting to it with that IP.

See page 2-2 of the admin guide found here.

Or you could obtain the current IP address of the HDX by going to System -> System Information and connecting that to that IP.

Either way, you are probably going to need the remote, at least to begin with.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

You would actually need to configure that IP address on the HDX using the remote first before actually connecting to it with that IP.

See page 2-2 of the admin guide found here.

Or you could obtain the current IP address of the HDX by going to System -> System Information and connecting that to that IP.

Either way, you are probably going to need the remote, at least to begin with.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Assuming the HDX8000 hasn't been previously configured with a fixed IP address, (default is DHCP Auto);

Connect the HDX8000 to your DHCP network & boot up.

Now acces your DHCP Admin Server Scope & locate a device who's MAC address starting 00:0E:DB

The last 6 digits of the MAC address will be the last 6 of the last 8 digits of the 14 digit S#

(So 821052001A2BCG would have a MAC of 00:0E:DB:00:1A:2B.

The DHCP Server will tell you the IP address the HDX has acquired.  Default port is HTTP Port 80.

Pete

Message 3 of 3