Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Why does Studio X50 update take *so* long?

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Why does Studio X50 update take *so* long?

I've updated the Studio X50 a couple of times since we've received it and it takes forever. 

For instance this last update is taking upwards of 3 hours. Nearly 1.5 hours of it is downloading the update. 

We have fiber gigabit and the Studio X50 has a rock solid internet connection. How on earth can it take so long to update these things?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Why does Studio X50 update take *so* long?

Hello @kilowattson ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We host the ~ 2GB file on Amazon's cloud storage to my personal knowledge. It usually takes around 30 Minutes so not sure on your connection.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Why does Studio X50 update take *so* long?

Our connection is extremely fast, but doing everything on the X50 has been painfully slow. 

I started the download and install for the X50 and TC8 updates at 9:15am central. It's 1:30pm - and it *just* finished. 

Message 3 of 3