Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

X30 & X50 - keep resetting itself and asking for sign

NJH81
Occasional Visitor

X30 & X50 - keep resetting itself and asking for sign

Hi Team,
We recently deployed Poly X30 & X50 with Poly Trio 8800 or TC8 and noticed when the power outage or unplug the main power cable from the X30 or X50 the device is on reset mode and showing sign-in screen on the TV rather than showing the room is available.
In short the device is losing its configuration and it requires to reconfigure X30 & X50 again.
From the first day of deployment till today’s date I have reconfigured all devices more than 8 times in each room and we have 8 conference rooms so it is wasting lot of my time.

Have anyone ever seen this type of issue? Really appreciate your help if you have any resolution to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Nirmesh Patel

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Long Hoang
Advisor

Re: X30 & X50 - keep resetting itself and asking for sign

Hi,

1. What firmware version do you use?

2. What provider mode in the system before losing power?

3. Have ever hard default reset device?

Message 2 of 14
NJH81
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

1. What firmware version do you use? tested with previous version and 3.4.0 &  3.3.2  

2. What provider mode in the system before losing power? Microsoft Teams 

3. Have ever hard default reset device? yes 

Message 3 of 14
Long Hoang
Advisor

Hi,

As i understand what you mean, when device lose power and reboot, you have to sign in with MSTeams Account again. Am i Right.

Or When device lose power and reboot, it moved to Poly Mode from MSTeams Mode.

Message 4 of 14
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Hi NJH81, do you have the X30/X50 also configured to use LENS for provisioning?

Message 5 of 14
NJH81
Occasional Visitor

Hi Loan Hoang yes I need to sign-in again but it is not just simple sign-in process I need to reset all configuration and reconfigure the X30 or X50 all the time if  power lost. spending 15-20mins each time during this type of situation.

Message 6 of 14
NJH81
Occasional Visitor

Hi Beyond Conference Yes both are configured to use LENS for provisioning 

Message 7 of 14
NJH81
Occasional Visitor

Yes Correct Long Hoang - when device lose power and reboot, I have to sign in with MS Teams Account again but sign-in.

Message 8 of 14
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @NJH81 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Software 3.4 is not certified for Microsoft Teams so only software 3.3.2 should be used.

I suggest you contact our support team in your region and/or your Poly reseller so we can troubleshoot this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 9 of 14
Beyond Conference
Frequent Advisor

Hi, I have encountered the same issue and a support ticket has been created, but a solution has not been provided. It occurs on both firmware levels (started with 3.3.2). At this moment I am running 3.4 as instructed.

You should indeed contact your support.

BR.

remark.  It looks like a MS Teams App issue

Message 10 of 14