Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I initiated the 3.3.0 (from 3.2.3) update process on two separate X50/TC8 combos. I did one from Poly's update server and the other from an internal server. Both took an extremely long time and on both the TC8 would go into pairing mode and no longer appear as a paired device in the X50's web configurator. The update would ultimately get hung up forcing a power cycle. Once rebooted the X50 & TC8 were no longer paired (though the TC8 appears as a not connected device). The solution was to unpair the TC8, factory reset it, pair it again and that seemed to resolve the issue.

I wanted to try updating an X50 w/o a paired TC8 to see if it would fare better and as it was 3.3.0 didn't seem quite ready yet. When I rolled back to 3.2.3 this happened. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello!

I have similar issue. I'm using X50 together with TC8 as Zoom Room equipment. After updating devices to VideoOS v. 3.3.0 (updating TC8 took 2+ hours) I was unable to pair X50 with TC8, because TC8 became undiscoverable from "device management" menu of X50. I failed to solve the issue even by reseting both devices to factory defaults settings.

I was able to finally pair devices only after changing IP v4 address network settings from static IP to dynamic (DHCP). which is sucks, because I don't have DHCP in AV network.

Looking forward to get solution from poly support. For now it look to me like I have to downgrade devices to previous firmware version or replace TC8 by iPad win zoom room controller app 😞

Ivan Horoshist

HP Recommended

Hello @Ivan Horoshist ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Considering the number of devices out there it is only the original poster and yourself reporting an issue. So maybe something specific to your setup? Without providing logs to Poly support there is not much they can do.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ivan,

Have you tried paring the TC8 w/another X50? That worked for me however when I tried to downgrade the X50 to 3.2.3 it bricked and had to be replaced w/an RAM unit so I would be very leery of downgrading at this time. The upgraded TC8 works fine w/a 3.2.3 X50.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Pls assist how to solve it. since nothing helps - resetting TC8 table, static ip address etc

thank you in advance

HP Recommended

Hello @temafey ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Stating you have the same issue but not providing any sort of information on the currently used software version and/or posting a log will limit the success you have with this reply.

You can always contact Poly support directly on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is what came up in the search, so here is my deal...

Poly x50 updated to 3.8.0-356041 fine, RT-8 is at 3.2.0-210272 and says 3.8 is available.

How do I get it to update?

I have restarted a few times without change. 

Thanks for any help.   R

HP Recommended

Hello @R10T ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. Your post was stuck in our Spam filter and I have released this.

Is this a day 1 issue aka how was the Studio X updated to 3.8?

I suggest you manually downgrade to 3.2.3 via the custom server option:

http://swupdate.lens.poly.com/polyos/3.2.3/280012

Once they are both on 3.2.3 update to 3.4.0:

https://swupdate.lens.poly.com/polyos/3.4.0/292042

Once they are on 3.4 upgrade via the Poly software server to 3.8

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

With little Poly education, I likely was just a few steps short... The USB revision down did not work for me. Downloaded 3.2.3, extracted files, loaded on USB stick (some files still .zip), turned auto-update off and waitied/rebooted/waited... nothing... factory reset both. DHCP ip not able to access external, got it to routable after trying USB again. Corrected DNS (dhcp given DNS was not working). 

x50 still saying current and TC8 saying no software found. After a few hours of this I worked on another project and came back after an hour to see (via web interface with x50) that TC8 software was found. Updated as expected. Not sure what I did, or corrected, both are now current. 3.8

The system was on over night, so it was likely something I did. Or just the dozen reboots. 

No help for others. GOod luck. It may not be you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.