Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I paired trio 8800 with studio X50, however, only the 8800 microphone is picking up sound. the X50 microphone is not picking up sound. Also, the setting "Enable Auto Mic Switching" of X50 is grayed out and can't be selected. I am using X50 in Zoom mode.

Both X50 and trio 8800 are on the latest firmware. Does anyone know how to make microphones of both X50, 8800 pickup sound?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @vc452 ,

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id.

In addition, depending on the Provider mode certain limitations based on the provider may be in place.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, I thought that this option is for use with RealPresence Debut expansion microphone only.

According to the admin  manual:

Configure your system to automatically toggle the microphone input between the system’s built-in microphones and a RealPresence Debut expansion microphone.

The system detects which microphone is picking up the strongest audio input from the speaker and automatically changes to that microphone. For example, if you frequently walk behind your unit you can place the RealPresence Debut expansion microphone behind your system to catch your voice as you walk around.

Poly Partner Mode Administrator Guide 3.4.0 (polycom.com)

BR

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for the response. Understand about RealPresence Debut expansion microphone.

So, still, my issue is that the sound is not picked by inbuilt X50 microphones. Only trio 8800 picks up the sound. In the admin page of X50, I see that soundbars moving for both X50 and 8800 microphones, however, folks near the X50 microphones can't be heard.

Is there any other setting am I missing? 

I am using X50 in Zoom mode.

X50 firmaware: 3.4.0-292042

Trio 8800 firmware: 7.1.0.8045

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Hello @vc452 ,

I just tested this with a C60 running 7.0.2 and a Studio X 50 and it picks up both Microphones.

I suggest you open a ticket with Poly support and/or contact your Poly reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for testing with C60, however, I have Trio 8800, does that make any difference? Was your setup using zoom?

I have put a ticket, but have not received any response for the last 24 hours. Is there a way to expedite the request?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @vc452 

C60 or 8800 should not make a difference. Yes, I started out in Poly OS mode and then switched to Zoom. I also had a TC8 connected.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

As you suggested I contacted Poly's support partner SCANSOURCE (attached screenshot of admin guide they referred to). They told me that, using of x50 and 8800 microphones at the same time is not supported. 

I am really confused as you tested out the feature and confirmed that it works and the Poly's support is saying it does not.

Can you please help!

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @vc452 ,

I stand corrected. I simply checked the output meter but did not test this. The admin guide is correct.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.