Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning!

I wonder if you can get zero percent packet loss throughout all videoconferencing endpoints in their countries. Here in Brazil is the constant battle to achieve zero lost packets in the channels, always we need to open a case to predict the network again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the network is designed properly you can achieve zero packet loss, but that is true with any network, but is particularly important with interactive technologies like voice and video. 

Proper network design was the secret sauce that came with HD videoconferencing, the vendors began to stress the importance of the IP network being designed and operated for video, and the fact networks were just becoming up to speed (pun intended) on voice was important in the evolution of the network to support interactive applications.

I have attached an oldie but goodie on the network that provides the guidance needed for proper network design.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If the network is designed properly you can achieve zero packet loss, but that is true with any network, but is particularly important with interactive technologies like voice and video. 

Proper network design was the secret sauce that came with HD videoconferencing, the vendors began to stress the importance of the IP network being designed and operated for video, and the fact networks were just becoming up to speed (pun intended) on voice was important in the evolution of the network to support interactive applications.

I have attached an oldie but goodie on the network that provides the guidance needed for proper network design.

HP Recommended

Steven,

Thanks to help me! Here we have more then one hundred 2Mbps MPLS circuit running two endpoints at 35% video and 5% voice. I will read documentation and write a good process to our technical team.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.