Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am running m100 on my HP notebook computer, Windows 7, and have had no problems until today after my internet went down and I power cycled my modem.  Now my calls connect- the far end can see and hear me, but I just have a white screen, the call time is going, and the call is encrypted.  After 20 seconds I get the popup message that a firewall may be blocking returning information.  I called my ISP and they said all firewalls are disabled.  In the past I have not had problems with my Norton firewall but I did disable that as well, no luck.  I have checked all my settings in call preferences and I can't see that anything has changed.  I have rebooted my computer and m100 twice.  No change. It has to be something with the internet outage/reboot because otherwise that is very coincidental, I just don't know what else to try.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sir,

To help you we must understand if this problem is on computer or at ISP.

1º- Test conection with another m100 at local network (see Call Statistic -> Media Statistics -> VIDEO RATE USED TX / RX)

*** If no video/audio occours on your cumputer its your router or personal firewall blocking(RX VIDEO/AUDIO RATE USED WILL BE ZERO) 

***So, verify your computer and router firewall configuration 

2º- If you past in first test try to conect with another m100 on Internet:

*** If no video occours on your cumputer its ISP firewall blocking -> see Call Statistic -> Media Statistics -> VIDEO/AUDIO RATE USED TX / RX 

***So, open another case at ISP and show them your test connection at local network.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I checked the media statistics and everything is zero.  I am the only computer in my network and so can only check calls to outside, which are zeros in every category.  I have called my ISP and they say they see no firewalls in my modem.  I have disabled my Windows firewall and Norton firewall and am not using my wireless router for the connection- directly hardwired with Ethernet cable to my Comcast Netgear modem (I have a home business and I am one of one people). 

I have ordered a Polycom v500 and hope that by using that it will eliminate these firewall issues with the m100 which has not been reliable for me unfortunately.

If you have any additional suggestions on how I can fix this problem I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Could you try to connect to Polycom Test Room (IP 140.242.250.203) and let us what happens?

****See this M100 release notes http://downloads.polycom.com/video/m100/RelNotes_1_0_5.pdf and you will find Inbound and Outbound Ports for firewall configuration.

If you couldn connect to this number and you dont have firewall rules blocking try to install Real Presence Desktop (trial version 30 days*** uninstall M100****) http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/eula/rpd/RPDagreement_v2_3_indiv_insta.... 

Polycom's Test Room link

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/documentation/video_test_numbers.html.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Have to check with another machine in your lan,is your system behind firewall or after firewall??

can you check with another M100 user if has whether it has same issue or not??check the log as well what the log says.

Reagrds

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hi

I have a similar problem. Please feel free to let me know if I should open up a new thread or use this one.

I have Group 500 with EagleEye Director. I can connect to a few sites with H.323 (Supplier, Blue Jeans Network, VidTel, etc) with no problem. Audio and Video are fine. Not so with the Polycom Support test systems. They say they hear and see me fine. On my side No Audio on VIdeo. I don;t have firewall set to block Polycom IP numbers.. The system is not yet in function, I was wondering if I would not have that problem with other correspondent and would like to find a way to test or forecast such connectivity problems.

I thank you in advance

HP Recommended

Problem solved. 

A call to Polycom Support,  had the problem solved. 

In the Admin Settings, Fixed Ports must be checked.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Dear sir

Greetings

iam using a polycom group 500 series .and  iam getting some issues in audio and video while calling to  other sites through mobile phone andpolycom pvx apllication to vc. can you tell me what is the problem and how to solve this issue. and also can you send me the settings of audoi in and audio output and video settings.kindly give a valuable solution  so that i can,t get issue

Awaiting for your response......................

Thanking you

pranay kumar

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.