Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Can i use clear one wireless mics for RPG 500?

The backpanel of the device has an audio in 3.5mm,can i connect the mics there?

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You will definitely want to double-check this, but I believe the 1/8" input is set or going to be looking for a 'line-level' signal. If the clear One feeds it a 'mic-level' signal it won't be the right signal level. If the Clear One can be set to a 'Line-level' output you may be okay. This is my opinion only and I haven't tried it, but I come to this conclusion because in the diagram from sending a Laptop audio output to the 1/8" input that would normally be a line-level signal.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

HP Recommended

I take it that you may want to be using this with your laptop content to speak to a larger audience or somehow explaining what your content is, or to explain your content?

HP Recommended

One other thing to consider...The input of the 1/8" is probably stereo config (TRRS) and your mic would only be a mono most likely (TRS) so you may find that it isn't worth the hassle (in my opinion)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.