Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

There is a very simple setup.  

VGA signal from Laptop VGA port is given to Milestone Matrix switcher.  VGA output of Milestone matrix switcher is given to Aten VC 1080 (HDMI Scaler).  This scaler converts the VGA input to HDMI output. Now this HDMI output signal is given to Aten VS 482 (HDMI switcher with Dual view).  HDMI output from VS 482 is given to (content sharing) input of HDX 7000.  

Now, Video conferencing has started running through HDX 7000 on two LG HDTVs.  And  we want to share a power point presentation from Laptop through content sharing option of HDX 7000.  When we press content button on remote control of HDX 7000, content sharing doesn't happen and we get following message :-  "Please check your content cable and make sure that it is sending video in a supported resolution such as 1024 x 768 60 Hz. If using People + content IP, enter 10.1.100.4 and press connect and then play". 

When we provide direct input to HDX 7000 from Laptop (either VGA of HDMI) and press content on remote control, content sharing happens successfully.  Also, when we provide VGA signal from laptop to Milestone VGA matrix switcher and then output of Milestone matrix switcher to HDX 7000 (by VGA to DVI converter), then also content sharing happens while VC is running successfully. 

We are not able to understand why are we getting above message when we try to provide indirect input to HDX 7000.  Has anyone ever encountered such a case ?  Please suggest

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Rocky,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would not call this as simple setup as you are utilizing multiple 3rd party adaptors that convert the signal.

As you already proved the HDX itself works fine if you use the VGA output from a Laptop / PC directly as the functionality is designed.

Once you introduce your other adaptors the signal becomes incompatible.

The supported resolutions are usually documented in the Admin Guide and you would have to work with your 3rd Party adaptor suppliers to confirm if their output signal matches any of the HDX supported resolutions.

If the VGA content does not work as described in your complex setup you could try and use the People & Content Software from a PC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are using Aten VC 1080 (HDMI Scaler) which scales the output and gives optimum resolution. If such a signal is provided to content input of HDX 7000 then it must work.  We are wondering if Milestone matrix switcher's output can work then why Aten switcher's output is not working ? Can you please provide all the possibilities of this problem and expected resolutions that we can try. 

HP Recommended

Hello Rocky,

I am unsure if you may be expecting the wrong thing but the Admin Guide => here <= covers on page 5-4 the section Connecting Computers to Polycom HDX Systems.

It provides in detail the resolutions supported.

Again, you have already determined that using none of the third party adaptors / converters results in a as advertised / documented working content sharing.

I can only suggest you work with the third party suppliers and/or your Polycom reseller for support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok Steffan , I thought I would get some clue or suggested solution through this forum. But I would like to tell you that I have tried a lot to work out this setup and to resolve this issue which no one suggested me in this forum.  Anyways, I realize that I can't get solution from this forum so thank you for trying to help me.  You can close this case. 

HP Recommended

Hello Rocky,

there is no case to close as to my knowledge you never raised one.

You may have simply miss understood the purpose of the community so as a reminder:

Welcome to Polycom’s Support Community!

This community is open to our partners as well as end customers. To make a post, you can sign in using your Polycom Support Site or PolycomConnect for Partners portal login. If you do not have an existing login, please register.
On this forum, you can share information about Polycom products and services and seek help from other partners or product owners. If you know a solution to a problem posted here, we encourage you to help others by sharing your resolution. You can also use this forum to exchange ideas on how to make best use of your devices or share some of your success stories using Polycom solutions.
The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other. Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines. If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us.

None of your post's contain any information what resoltutions and frequencies you tried and as already replied you need to work with your Polycom reseller in order to receieve support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi, 

since my last conversation, we have faced this problem at a number of places but we are still looking for any solution.  

I have referred Admin guide and user guide of HDX 7000 and found that maximum resolution for sending content is different for different models of Polycom HDX series. Here, We have Polycom HDX 7000.  Polycom admin guide says that maximum resolution for sending content from HDX 7000 with hardware version c or d,  is 720 P.  

here is the problem comes.  My HDMI unit output is Full HD (1080P) and after that we are using hdmi to dvi converter to feed this as input to Video input 3 of HDX 7000.  And I am not getting input content while doing video calling.  For me People +  Content option is not working in this way.  

I am seeking help in this regard with some experienced and expertise comments that can give me some clue where am I going wrong in this case.   Is it problem with HDMI to DVI converter ?  we have tried using both DVI-D and DVI-I converters but noone is working.  If I provided direct laptop hdmi input with this converter , I get the content properly. Problem comes only when I include a HDMI switch in between.  

HP Recommended

We have been able to resolve this issue somehow with our setup.  we used HDMI to VGA adapter and then VGA to DVI-I adapter. with this , we are able to show content while video conferencing.   Maximum resolution that we are able to achieve with this setup is 1280 x 720.  This is what HDX 7000 has got, i.e., 720p for content input.  We are surprized that why it is not taking input directly from HDMI ?  But anyways resolution is more important even though this is not a totally correct one as we had to actually downscaled the content resolution from hdmi to vga.  But atlast we are able to achieve. We are getting 1280 x 720 that is good enough while video calling.  Thanks to polycom community for not suggesting anything further.  

HP Recommended

same proble iam also using third party hdmi matrix switcher. what is the solution kindly help anyone pls

HP Recommended

Not a very friendly customer service even if it is only a forum Steffen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.