Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

we need to control G700 and G500 using crestron through RS232. I checked the API in the integrator reference guide and it does has the commands for the functions but couldn't find the code for each button on the remote. the idea is to emulate the remote on the touch screen. so if you have the codes for each button or if there is a sample code kindly let me know.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

The Group Series has no remote button API as this currently does not exist in the GUI.

The development is completely new and does not contains these "old" parameters from the HDX GUI.

You should be able to find various post's via the community search.

If you require these emulation buttons within the API a feature request must be raised via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your replay, I could't find postes with a sample program for group series. if you can send it to me I'll be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

I can only reply with the same answer already given above.

The Group Series has currently no remote button API as this currently does not exist in the GUI.

The development is completely new and does not contains these "old" parameters from the HDX GUI.

You should be able to find various post's via the community search. This means you should find the same reply that the Group Series currently does not support a replication of the "old" HDX API.

If you require these emulation buttons within the API a feature request must be raised via your Polycom reseller.

Only the commands shown in the integrators manual are currently supported.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Has anyone put in the request for this feature yet if not I would like to.

And given you own document says

"And remember that simpler is always better. People do not pay for technology.

They pay for the benefits that technology can bring. The doorway to those
benefits is a simple, straightforward and intuitive user control."

Giving commands within the RS-232/IP API that actually let users control the unit would probably be a good idea! Don't you think?

At this point I'm going to have to stick an IR bud to the front of the unit and try to explain to my customer how they really did buy a state of the art professional device?

HP Recommended
Hi mark
I sent you a private message. Check your inbox
HP Recommended

Ahmed

Has anyone had any further success with this? I am in the same situation as Mark

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm with Mark on this too...  I've heard rumors on the Crestron Programmers group that the IR emulation feature is going to be back in API starting with a firmware being released 'at the end of the month'...  I hope that's the case, since it seems ridiculous that I'd have to stick an IR bug on the front of a unit connected via Serial or IP... I can't figure out who would have decided during product development that removing functionality was a good thing!

HP Recommended

Hello all,

the new Group Series Software 4.1.3 was released today and contains the following add on to the existing API:

API Updates
The following API commands have been updated for RealPresence Group Series version 4.1.3:

● button
● camera
● configpresentation
● exportdirectory
● exportprofile
● importdirectory
● importprofile
● sleep
● systemsetting

For more information on these commands, refer to the Integrator’s Reference Manual for the Polycom RealPresence Group Series.

Please check the release notes and the new software => here <=

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.