Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, i have a HDX 8000 i was hoping someone might know of an easier way to display content on monitor 2.  Our 8000 is connected to a display on monitor output 1 always and sometimes we have another display connected to monitor output 2.  In those instances we like to push the content to that second display but I find users have trouble navigating to the admin setttings to enable that checkmark.  I would love if it enabling content on display 2 could be done with a shortcut or even if there is any possibility of displaying content on both displays. any help is appreciated. thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Some tips:

1. Use HyperTerminal application

2. Use 'exportprofile' command with sending output in a file

3. Edit received file replacing the first line(s) with 'importprofile' string and the last line with 'importcomplete' string

4. Apply another monitor settings and make another file as described in 1.-3.

5. Send the needed file to the system and wait it restarting

6. Enjoy the result

May be it will be more simple to use the set of two commands:

configdisplay - for turn monitor 2 on and off

configpresentation - for configure the content presentation on monitor(s)

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to Polycom Community.

You could save two profiles (for one and two monitors configurations) on user's PC and then upload the needed one with API command 'importprofile'. Take a look at HDX Integrator's Reference Manual >>> Here <<< for more details.

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Thx Mike, i tried connecting to the 8000 with telnet and attempted to send the importprofile command but am unsure of method.  I typed importprofile and hit <Enter> then pasted the CSV values and nothing seemed to happen.  eventually it comes up saying importdirectory timed out which is weird.  thank you.

HP Recommended

Some tips:

1. Use HyperTerminal application

2. Use 'exportprofile' command with sending output in a file

3. Edit received file replacing the first line(s) with 'importprofile' string and the last line with 'importcomplete' string

4. Apply another monitor settings and make another file as described in 1.-3.

5. Send the needed file to the system and wait it restarting

6. Enjoy the result

May be it will be more simple to use the set of two commands:

configdisplay - for turn monitor 2 on and off

configpresentation - for configure the content presentation on monitor(s)

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

That works great Mike.  I was hoping you may know of a simple device that could perform this by means of rs-232? possibly a device i can program with a button to send that commnd.  sending the command by telnet requires the computer connected to the video machine to be logged in. which is not always the case.  i would like a easy user experience that they can just press a button to switch displays.

HP Recommended

By my mind there are two leading worldwide companies producing programmable control systems for large purpose - Crestron (www.crestron.com) and AMX (www.amx.com). Please find their partners in your location and contact them for further details.

WBR,

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.