Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hey everybody,

i have a polycom hdx 7000 hardware type A , i want to record the video conference on a DVR ,, plz somebody guide me how to go about .

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Nickraj,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community member OVG has replied multiple times to your answers and explained what ports on the HDX can be used to record / connect a VCR / DVD recorders.

This is outlined in his first reply via a hyperlink to the connections manual.

The HDX supports a simple Video Signal via S-Video as explained in the Admin Guide:

• Video Output 3: S-Video for recording calls to VCR/DVD

It does not support any Tuner cards or anything else.

Your recording device needs to be able to utilize a S-Video signal or utilize a RCA Composite converter.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

All forum's telepathists are  on leave..... Which DVR?  Model? 

if S-Video quality is OK -    >>> Here <<< see page 2

HP Recommended

hey buddy,,

i have avtech 4ch h.264 dvr.

can i connect it with my hdx 7000 type A ,,if yes plz give me the connectivity diagram and plz tell the cables and settings to be done for recording the conference .

thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

You can't use this device for recording conferences. You need dvr with VGA/DVI/YPbPr input and maybe splitter (DA) 1:2 for VGA/DVI/YPbPr signal (depends of DVR and SW version of  you HDX) or look at Polycom RSS 2000 or 4000  >>> Here <<<

HP Recommended

hey buddy,

first of all thankyou for your help...

secondly plz tell me how to record conference without using VCR/DVD recorder . can i take the input of hdx 7000 directly to a PC and run it on VLC ?if so then i will be able to record it on VLC only...

plz help me out...tomorow is the conf which i want to record..

thank you

HP Recommended

"how to record conference without using VCR/DVD recorder" - Use RSS 2000 or analog one from other vendor, or DVD/VCR,  otherwise  no chance .....

"can i take the input of hdx 7000 directly to a PC and run it on VLC ?" -  No, you can't 

AFAIK VLC doesn't support h.323

HP Recommended

hey buddy,,

thanks for clearification of my doubts..

can i record the confernce using an internal/external tv tuner card?

if yes, then plz tell the connectivity and procedure.

thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Nickraj,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community member OVG has replied multiple times to your answers and explained what ports on the HDX can be used to record / connect a VCR / DVD recorders.

This is outlined in his first reply via a hyperlink to the connections manual.

The HDX supports a simple Video Signal via S-Video as explained in the Admin Guide:

• Video Output 3: S-Video for recording calls to VCR/DVD

It does not support any Tuner cards or anything else.

Your recording device needs to be able to utilize a S-Video signal or utilize a RCA Composite converter.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

dear SteffenBaierUK

thankyou for clearing my concept..

simply i have to get a dvd recorder and the problem will be solved.

thank you once again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.