Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was able to program a third party ir controller to do simple commands like mute/unmute camera presets and content on a HDX900 series codec.  I was able to do this through the ir connection on the rear panel and the ir sensor on the front of the unit.

I then tried this on a hdx8000 using the ir receiver on the camera.  While I was able to get most commands to work, the content and several other commands dont seem to work.

Anyone out there know why this is an issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The commands are unique to Polycom.  All commands are listed in The Polycom Integrators Reference Manual located at The below link.  Also check The software release notes for your software version.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/hdx_series/hdx9000.html

HP Recommended

Yes I understand the commands are unique.

IR control for the HDX9000 works well.  Not so much for the HDX8000.  For instance, can not get the content control to work via IR.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.