Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

lock view to a single camera? (CX5500)

Occasional Visitor

lock view to a single camera? (CX5500)

I'm using a CX5500 over Skype for Business. Is there a way to lock the focus of the cameras so that it does not dynamically switch to show the view of whoever is speaking? I might want to keep someone speaker at a podium in view even if someone elsewhere makes some noise, but later turn that setting off (back to normal, dynamic following) later to allow audience members to be shown when they ask questions. 

(I did see a similar question asked about the CX5000 5 years ago and the reply was "no", but wondering if anything's changed with the increment in models and in the intervening time.)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: lock view to a single camera? (CX5500)

Hello @MM234601,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There was never a feature request for such a feature or it did not come from a large enough organisation.

I am not aware of this so I can only suggest you work with a Polycom sales engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2