Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

<TAB> inside a serial key file means <TAB> ad litteram, or Unicode character U+0009 ?

secarica
Occasional Contributor

<TAB> inside a serial key file means <TAB> ad litteram, or Unicode character U+0009 ?

According to Poly instructions when performing a software upgrade via USB stick on a Group 500 unit, a plain text filename "sw_keys.txt" must be placed on the USB, with the content license_key<TAB>system_serial_number.

My question is: how should I write the <TAB> ?

Is this written literally as in HTML code ? (i.e. Less-Than sign, T, A, B and Greater-Than sign)

or

Is this just an ASCII TAB escape code / Unicode character U+0009 ?

Thank you,

Cristi

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: <TAB> inside a serial key file means <TAB> ad litteram, or Unicode character U+0009

Hello @secarica ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

TAB means the Tabulator key

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2