Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm struggling to get m100 to accept inbound calls.

We have a company LAN on which I've got a laptop with fixed IP. We have a router (Draytek Vigor2950) which I've set to NAT the ports as per documentation and searches on this forum (please see attached image).

I've set the m100 to use NAT and to use the public IP address as per the router config.

I can make outgoing calls OK (to a supplier), but incoming calls are not established, although I can see he's trying to call (m100 notifies incoming call). I click to accept call, nothing happens for a while, then his kit (Lifesize Team220) times out and the call is dropped.

However, if I configure the router to put the laptop IP address into the DMZ we can establish incoming calls.

Using "netstat -b" during a DMZ incoming call I can see that the executable CallControl.exe is establishing a connection with the external equipment on ports in the high range: above 50000. In a test yesterday, my port 51613 connected to the far end port 1720, and my port 51614 connected to 60003.

Any thoughts on what could be going on? I thought the Polycom executables should only be using the ports assigned in the m100 Preferences plus the ports defined in the manual.

The host operating system is Windows 7 Pro, and the local firewall is only Windows.

I've checked the Draytek config and can't see any cause.

Thanks in advance
Sam

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, Was the problem fixed? What's the port# for incoming calls?

Regards,

Fred

HP Recommended

Was the problem fixed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.