Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

this is my first posting here, I hope to find professional advice here and in turn help others to the best of my knowledge.

We've bought 20 M100 licenses for a production site, but it takes 3 weeks to deliver them. Meanwile, the end-users already use these softphones for testing purposes, and two of the desktops, both with Windows 7, have problems with M100. For a week everything was just fine, but one day M100 created its main window with all controls and windows greyed out, and at the moment it usualy opens window with trial mode warning, it opened cmd window instead and showed java log:

I tried to reboot, but to no avail. only M100 reinstall (without touching Adobe AIR) helped, but in 5 days the problem came back. Do you have any thought or recommendations on this matter?

Regards,

Igor

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Igor,

This is the first time that I’ve seen an error like this; I’ll send an email to our engineering folks to see if they have any information on this issue.

In the mean time, please visit java.com to make sure that you have the latest version of Java.

I’ll reply to this message as soon as I have more information on this error.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello Igor,

Few questions:

What version of the m100 software are you currently running?

From the application click on menu >> About Polycom Telepresence m100

When the buttons on the system are grayed out, it usually means that the system does not have enough power to make a call. Was the application installed on a laptop? If so, was it running on batteries at the time?

What kind of processor does the PC have?

The error in the Java.exe is showing an Adobe Air error, please reinstall the latest version if Adobe Air.

If the issue continues, please give us a call at 888-248-4143 so that we can open a service request and gather the proper logs.

HP Recommended

Hello hjuliao,

thanks for your replies!

The version we're using is 1.0.0.8166_2451 and AIR 2.7.1.19610

If you look at any M100 startup progress, you'll notice what I'm talking about: It opens main window first, with all controls unavailable for a moment, then goes on showing you "trial version warning" in separate window, and when you click Continue, all the controls become available. I suppose the problem is with showing this warning window.

Unfortunately, I can't access these machines remotely now and tell what hardware they are, but they are latest models - not laptops, they are just normal office machines. Reboot doesn't help, but once M100 is uninstalled and installed back again, it works fine for a few days, showing HD video quality, that means they have powerful processors. Note that I dont need to reinstall AIR to bring them back to life...

Regarding java version, note the path displayed in the window header, looks like M100 uses it's own JRE.

I hope we can open a service request while we are still in trial period? We haven't received our licenses yet, but I think I can find out some details like purchase order number or something.

Thanks again,

Igor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.