Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI

We just got a polycom hdx6000 and trying to connect it through the DVI port to a MAC Mini but when we click on content on the remote, it keeps saying that the resolution should be something like 1084x768. When connected to our TV through HDMI, the resolution of the mac mini is at 1080p.

Please help as we were unable so far to make it work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to solve the problem.

I linked the mac mini using HDMI cable directly to the TV and used a mini display to DVI adaptor to connect the mac mini with the HDX 6000.

Now content works fine, did not have to change anything on the resolution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please refer to the HDX Room Systems User's Guide for the supported resolutions.  If can be found here

Also make sure that you are up to date on the software the unit.

HP Recommended

How to make sure that the software on the unit is up to date ? Also the problem is that on the mac mini , I connect it to the samsung tv and it doesn't give those resolutions as an option, just 1080p , 1080i

As soon as it goes through the HDX system, directly it says that system can not show content, it must be in one of the supported resolutions 1024x768 etc...

This is a MAC and not windows, I even tried to use SwitchResX to change the resolution of the Mac Mini but it did not work. I set it to 1024x768 and 1680x1050 and neither worked.

HP Recommended

Hello? Please help

HP Recommended

Latest s/w is here.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/index.html

On your HDX check current s/w via the remote via Home>System>System Information.

Make sure your MAC isn't sending HDCP (digitally protected) content.

S?W update is pretty self explanatory via the web interface in Admin>General Settings>Software Update.

Contact you reseller tech support if you get stuck anywhere.

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

I have the latest software now but it is still not working

HP Recommended

if I connect a macbook pro laptop, it works fine, it is just the mac mini that does not work.

HP Recommended

Hi ad4game

How do you connect mac mini to HDX?

Do you have any device between Mac and HDX?

Regards

HP Recommended

Mac Mini <-> hdmi to dvi adaptor <-> dvi to dvi <-> HDX 6000

I tried to connect my macbook pro using the same adaptor and dvi to dvi and it worked

HP Recommended

I was able to solve the problem.

I linked the mac mini using HDMI cable directly to the TV and used a mini display to DVI adaptor to connect the mac mini with the HDX 6000.

Now content works fine, did not have to change anything on the resolution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.