Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can anyone advise what the contents of the sw_keys.txt file should be for an RPG500 upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.2? 

I am trying to upgrade a unit and have got the keycode from the website, but the instructions are not clear on what needs to be in the file which I have saved to the root directory of the USB stick containing the software update. When I initiate the upgrade I get an error advising the system needs a valid keycode file.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this:

U <TAB>Serial<TAB>Key

regards,

albertqg

HP Recommended

Hi,
We had the same question and problem, but with RPG700. Polycom support said that  USB stick should be FAT formatted not bigger than 4GB and sw_keys.txt with the following text: USerialKey. Unfortunatelly that did not work.

And the advice of Albertqg is absolutely right.
It should be: U<Tab>Serial<Tab>Key.

Best regards,
Kseniya

HP Recommended

Try this:

U <TAB>Serial<TAB>Key

this is working

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.