Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Team,

anybody help me to confirm if i can use Table and Ceiling microphone connected with Group 500 at a time.

if yes, than how we can connect it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can chain up to 2 microphone array on the 310 and 4 on the 500 and 700.  The 700 does have 2 inputs, whereas the 310 and 500 have 1.  As stated in the RealPresence Group Series Integrator Reference Guide the first cable (codec to first item) is a maximum of 100’, whereas any additional CLink cables are a maximum of 25’.

You can use both tabletop and ceiling microphone arrays within the same chain.  This is indicated on the setup sheet, i.e. 500.  (See attached Image)

If you are doing the Acoustic Fence the first microphone array is the primary, all others are fence posts.

There are a couple of documents on the support web site about the Acoustic Fence.  (see attached image where they are at on www.polycom.com/videodocumentation )

I have also attached a document about extension of the microphone arrays that can also be used to convert the Walta to RJ45 to extend from a tabletop to a ceiling configuration.

Also there is an ‘acoustic microphone array kit’ available in the published price list.

8200-84764-001

Acoustic Fence ceiling mic. array kit. Includes 3*2200-23810-002 white microphone arrays w/ 24" drop cables, 3*25' RJ45 cables, 1*2457-26716-001-RJ45(M)-Walta(F), 1*2457-25646-001-RJ45(F)-Walta(M). Connects to primary ceiling or tabletop mic array.

HP Recommended

Dear Team,

i want to connect both Table and Ceiling Microphone in the same chain with Group 500 and in attached setup sheet no details provided, can you please share any document contains details of connection and part number as well.

HP Recommended

You muct chain the units together.  You would use the Walta to RJ45 adapter to conver from Walta to the RJ45 used by the ceiling microphones.  The same rules apply, 100' maximum length from codec to the first microphone array and 25' between the microphone arrays (ceiling or tabletop).

I have attached a slide from the updated Dimensional Drawings with the information about this.

Link to dimensional drawings

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.