Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

In our company we have a vsx 7000s & a vtx 1000. With the vsx 7000s we can make calls to some of the test ip's found on polycom website. Now in our company we sometimes have sessions and not all of our clients can be here in time, so we want to livestream these session.

Now the question is what do we need to make a virtual conference room so the guest speaker (= vsx 7000s) can call in to and host the meeting and all other clients connect to the same room and follow the session. Also the clients need to be able to speak + show files.

I read about the RMX but could we just install a server of our own with some software that can host virtual conferece rooms?

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jens,

A Polycom reseller will be able to advise you on your needs and explain all the different products and solutions that Polycom offers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You should talk to your Polycom sales person for assistance as there are options.  What I would suggest without much details to your applications is  the RealPresence One.  See details RealPresence One

HP Recommended

The problem is we took over the VSX 7000s & VTX 1000 from the company who was in this building before. So we don't have any sale contacts. The setup should be:  vsx 7000s who gives a session => call in a room <= other users join that room to listen and give feedback.

The problem is making a virtual room at the moment.

ps: what is the price +- for the realpresence one? And can users connect to it with all devices? like laptop/pc , GSM, IP phone, tablet, .. or?

Jens

HP Recommended

Would it also be doable with the livestream? so something like:  vsx 7000 with speaker who does the session => livestream <= users watch the livestream.

If it's doable how do you set it up?

Jens

HP Recommended

Hello Jens,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

An overview of US / North American Partners can be found => here <=

You can click on the EMEA link at the top to change the region.

Pricing completely depends on the solution you want to purchase and any additional licesing needs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That's what i'm wondering. I don't know which solution would be the best for us.

Kind regards,

Jens

HP Recommended

Hello Jens,

A Polycom reseller will be able to advise you on your needs and explain all the different products and solutions that Polycom offers.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok thank you. I have made contact with someone from polycom.

HP Recommended

@jens wrote:

Hello,

In our company we have a vsx 7000s & a vtx 1000. With the vsx 7000s we can make calls to some of the test ip's found on polycom website. Now in our company we sometimes have sessions and not all of our clients can be here in time, so we want to livestream these session.

Now the question is what do we need to make a virtual conference room so the guest speaker (= vsx 7000s) can call in to and host the meeting and all other clients connect to the same room and follow the session. Also the clients need to be able to speak + show files.

I read about the RMX but could we just install a server of our own with some software that can host virtual conferece rooms?

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Jens

@jens wrote:

Hello,

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Jens

Yes, - we do have virtual editions of all Polycom infrastructure - including the MCU/brdige. The MCU is the Polycom Collaboration Server, Virtual Edition and is available today.  There are also management solutions that take care of gatekeeper, reporting, SIP proxy, LDAP integration, and more.  Additionally there are virutal editions for firewall traversal and video content management (recording and streaming).  All the information for these products is on www.polycom.com or you can call 1-800-Polyhcom and talk to a representative.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.