Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

This morning we are going live with RingCentral. We're switching everything over, including our dial-up credit card terminals. RingCentral sold us several OBI302ATA's that we're using for our terminals. However, we can't get the terminals (or an old touchtone phone) to successfully dial-up our processor.

I can call the processor from my cell phone, current phone provider's line, and our VVX 501 phones and get successful "modem noises". However, when I call from the OBI302ATA it makes a couple of sounds and disconnects the call.

I've read some other threads, but I'll admit this is a bit out of my scope of knowledge. I've tried setting Phone2 Port as "UseForModemOnly", but that doesn't appear to have made a difference. I've played with Star Codes a bit, but frankly I don't understand how they work and haven't had any success.

We're still waiting on RingCentral for assistance. If anyone has had success using an OBI with a modem or Credit Card terminal would you be willing to point me in the right direction on how to get this to work?

Thank you very much in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.