Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

00000000.cfg can't use CONFI_FILES="PHONE_MAC_ADDRESSreg.cfg,..."

SOLVED
johnj_01201
Occasional Advisor

Re: 00000000.cfg can't use CONFI_FILES="PHONE_MAC_ADDRESSreg.cfg,..."

Hi, seeing how you can suggest the Admin guide be changed, this bulleting is complete wrong - missing the brackets in the examples and everything.

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Master_Configuration_Fi...

thanks!

John

Message 11 of 12
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: 00000000.cfg can't use CONFI_FILES="PHONE_MAC_ADDRESSreg.cfg,..."

Hello John,

this has been already highlighted internally.

Just to clarify the correct substitutions are:

• [PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS]
  • [MACADDRESS]
  • [PHONE_PART_NUMBER]
  • [PHONE_MODEL]

You will always need to use the square brackets [ ] .

I have also highlighted this in the Community => here <= in addition to other substitutions that can be used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 12 of 12