Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

10200. IP Phone bandwidth?

SOLVED
petet
Trusted Contributor

10200. IP Phone bandwidth?

How much bandwidth does the Soundpoint Ip335 require to deliver HD Voice and how does this compare to the none HD voice IP321?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Re: 10200. IP Phone bandwidth?

Pete,

By my mind there is no difference in bandwidth requirement. The difference is that IP 321 supports G.711 (3.5 kHz within 64 kbps) while IP 335 supports G.722 (7 kHz within the same 64 kbps) in addition to G.711.  The other supported codecs (G.729 and iLBC) are not HD.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Re: 10200. IP Phone bandwidth?

Pete,

By my mind there is no difference in bandwidth requirement. The difference is that IP 321 supports G.711 (3.5 kHz within 64 kbps) while IP 335 supports G.722 (7 kHz within the same 64 kbps) in addition to G.711.  The other supported codecs (G.729 and iLBC) are not HD.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2